Conference Early Bird Pricing Ends September 12th
Six Days Left! – Early Bird Pricing Ends September 12th!
Register Today and Save $50
Connecting People, Places and Stories:
New Strategies for Conservation in a Changing World.
Co-hosted by the Heritage Canada Foundation (HCF)
and The Land Conservancy of BC (TLC)
Victoria, BC – October 12-15, 2011
Fairmont Empress Hotel & Victoria Conference Centre
Meet the Heritage Movement’s Global Grassroots in Victoria, BC. Learn and network at a rare gathering of heritage advocates and practitioners from across Canada and around the world.
The Heritage Canada Foundation is co-hosting the very first International Conference of National Trusts (ICNT) held in Canada. The conference will bring together over 400 participants committed to cultural and natural conservation.
• Delegates from such places as Ethiopia, Fiji, Falkland Islands, China, and Russia, as well as Red Deer, Alberta, Guelph, Ontario, and Moncton, New Brunswick.
• Field sessions on managing change in Victoria’s Chinatown (the second oldest in North America), restoring a Garry Oak Meadow (one of Canada’s most threatened ecosystems), and revitalizing Victoria’s historic and beautiful downtown.
• Sessions on Climate Change and Sustainability, Aboriginal Heritage, Cultural Landscapes, and the preservation of Modern Heritage.
• Special Events at Tsawout First Nation in Saanichton, BC and the Fairmont Empress Hotel.
• Internationally renowned speakers like George H.O. Abungu from Kenya, Bonnie Burnham of the World Monuments Fund, USA and Fiona Reynolds of the National Trust for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Earn Professional Learning Credits from the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) – CPL Learning Units.
Meet the World in Victoria!
Review the Conference Program (pdf version)
Register online today and save!
Don’t miss over three days of inspiring speakers, field sessions and special events. Experience beautiful, historic Victoria. For additional information visit us online at www.heritagecanada.org, email email@example.com, or call 1-866-964-1066 ext. 227.
- About Us
- Support Us
- Issues & Campaigns
- Visit & Discover
- Get Involved